CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 23, 2010

yum yum yum

I am trying out a new recipe that I got from a friend of mine. I had generously given her my famous Bananna pudding recipe ( well I really had to think hard before I gave it up ) But I did and now its payback time. I saw her post on her facebook that she was making this dish for her son and it sounded wonderful. I messaged her and asked her if she would share and she did.

It is for Potatoe and Peas, I am going to change it up just a wee tad and add some stewing beef to it.

POTATOE AND PEAS WITH BEEF


4 LARGE POTATOES, CUP UP INTO CHUNKS
2 CANS OF SWEET PEAS ( DO NOT DRAIN)
1 CAN OF EVAPORATED MILK
1 CUP OF 2 PERCENT MILK
1 CAN OF BUTTERMILK BISCUITS, CUP UP INTO SMALL CHUNKS
SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE ( I THINK THE PEPPER IS MOST IMPORTANT HERE AS THE CANNED PEAS ARE LOADED WITH SALT)

Cut up the potatoes and put in large pot, cover with water
While the potatoes boil cook the stew beef in skillet with small amount of oil
when potatoes are done, do not drain, add the canned peas, add the evaporated milke and the 2 percent milk and the beef, bring to medium simmer and then add the cut up biscuits and cook till the biscuits are done.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping this is good, I will write more later and let ya all know if this is a hit or a flop, ahhahhaha

2 comments:

Leslie M. said...

Yeah that banana pudding is a yummer. Made with fat free milk, s/f f/f pudding and low fat vanilla wafers.. oh and fresh bananas! I could go for some right now!
gahh that is some kinda yum Bring some on the family Vacay will ya
Leslie
Leslie Loves Veggies oh and Banana Pudding too!

Helen233 said...

Oh YEAH that bannana pudding is
fabulously delicious..

Who gave me that recipe, I think it was a coworker.


OHHHHHHHHHHH laaaaaaaaaa laaaaaaaaaaaa
I am going to post that recipe soon