CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Have a Holly Jolly?

Have a holly Jolly Christmas its the best time of the year?

Perhaps for many, to be honest it has never been the best time of the year for me. I love the meaning of CHRISTmas but find myself easily getting overwhelmed by it all. The shopping, the cooking, the cleaning, the planning, the wrapping, all on a working woman's schedule.
Add to that the lack of sun light and what do you have? A recipe for Dis ASTER!!!!
ALthough I am no longer a child I find most of my holiday memories going back to the family dysfunction junction. I always said my family WAS FUNCTIONALLY dysfunctional.
I remember my mother and father had the NASTIEST arguments and fights over Christmas and it was EVERY single year. You could count on my father being miserable on Christmas.

This is not about what CHRISTmas is, it's about the birth of a Savior. Personally I need a Savior, I really truly do and am thankful that he came to give life abundant.
I have learned to pair my expectations way down. This is not the best time of the year. Sure its alot of fun and getting together with friends and family is awesome!!!! Celebrating the
birth of My savior is wonderful, the music is absolutely FABU, the meaning of the songs heartwarming too.

I am keeping Christmas simple. I will do this by limiting the revelry. I am NOT going to exhaust myself going to every party willy nilly. I may or may not send Christmas Cards. I give myself the option of saying no. I love all of you, but SANITY is the first and foremost issue around this time of year. I might even do my shopping online for everybody. Everybody deserves a little Holly Jolly but you have to find it for yourself and if come January you are Cooked, done, fried, whats the point?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I SO hear you! I'm tired. I'm burnt out. I'm not even getting 1/8 of my decorations out this year because of the daunting thought of having to put them all back! I conquered the mall this year without beating the crap out of any one (it takes restraint) and I can't even bring myself to listen to any music. It's just not the same anymore. And I get off lucky not having to buy for inlaws or siblings. Just my kids.
It's the most suckiest time of the year.
Shall we have a gripe session at my blog sometime?

Helen233 said...

You are so right!!

This time of year is rough, DO not let yourself get burnt out.

Honestly I have not even started my shopping yet, I will probably do it
online.
Thank you for posting and hang in there!!!

Amberr Meadows said...

Amen! Stick with your convictions, girl. It's not worth all the stress.

Helen233 said...

you are so right Amberr it sure is not.